365 Days of Pictures
365 Days of Pictures is a coffee table book of photography that showcases life and geography within the City of Medicine Hat. Having won international awards for superb quality in both print production and design, all aspects of production from photography to layout and production were done by Hide Away Studios.
- We have one of the strongest teams of creative professionals in the industry. We know how to create advertising that stands out in the crowd and clearly and decisively delivers your brand message. Coupled with our photographic and illustrative capabilities, we have created advertising campaigns using both still and animated techniques. No matter the approach, our products have an impact on the audience and leave a lasting impression of quality, credibility and value through brand messaging.
- Commercial Photography
- We have a strong in-house group of commercial photographers with extensive experience in producing dynamic photographs for museum and art galleries, corporations, government agencies and the hospitality and tourism sectors. With some of the highest quality photographic equipment available in our industry today, we create parallax correct interior and exterior photographs, or product photographs of unrivaled quality and clarity. We provide special assignment secure photographic services for the armed forces and dignitaries and have provided these services to both Canadian and foreign nations. Many of our photographs have been featured internationally appearing in coffee table books, magazines, broadcast television, brochures and a myriad of sales literature. Although we have an in-house studio for commercial product photography, we also provide on-location services that include 360º view shots or studio quality product photographs for a variety of clients.
- Technical Document Publications
- With well over a decade of experience in managing technical document publications, we employ the most advanced publishing and information management software available today. Our workflow allows for easy updating of the most technical document structures and allows for easy cross-platform publishing. We continue to publish a vast number of large technical manuals, hard and soft cover books (some of which have won international awards) and many magazines and periodicals. In addition to expertise in the organization of complex material, our team also provides supplemental and supportive services that augment the publications we work on. From 3D and 2D animation, to developing strategic information architecture, to photography, and copy writing – our team is adept at producing first-rate publications.
- 3D Illustration
- 3D modeling and photo-realistic 3D renders can be used as powerful illustration tools. Our 3D illustrations are used to accurately visualize architectural designs, industrial design products, and technical details in marketing materials, training manuals, technical documents, and advertisements.
- 2D Illustration
- We create 2D illustrations by using traditional illustration techniques in combination with digital processes to create stunning 2D artwork. Our 2D illustrations are featured in mapping or geological illustration, books, brochures, and publications, and are often used in web site development as icons, animations, textures, and other graphics.
- Copywriting & Content Strategy
- The user experience is only as good as the content delivered. Nothing draws and retains online visitors better than engaging, well crafted content. Photo and video shoots, image sourcing, graphics production, and copywriting are a few ways we help clients develop on-brand website experiences that build users’ trust and loyalty.
- Print Production
- When it comes to document publishing many of our clients manage print production on their own. For the majority however, the technicalities in ensuring colour accuracy, media selection and proofing are all areas that they would rather leave to us. Tables of contents, glossaries, indexes, cross references and design are just where things begin for us. We also offer a single-source solution for all of your print collateral and distribution needs. We have multiple sources available for any print production requirements and fantastic relationships with some of the largest printers and binderies in Canada. From offset and web presswork to vinyl signage or dry mount plaques for your next sales campaign—we've done it all—and often for prices that are lower than those available directly to our clients.
Parts of the book feature the results over 12 hours of aerial flight photography.
Many of the photographs made specifically for this production involved many hours of planning to achieve. In the case of the lightning photo featured here on the cover, over 100 photograph attempts were made over five hours prior to capturing this shot.