Alberta Tourism, Parks & Recreation
UNESCO World Heritage Site Nomination Document
The Government of Alberta is preparing a nomination proposal for submission by the Government of Canada to be considered for inclusion in UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
The amount of work that Provincial and Federal Parks Staff and other contracted researchers and writers have put into an effort of this nature (hundreds of pages of data) is massive. Hide Away Studios has been contracted as the Publisher of the document which will be submitted to the UNESCO World Heritage Centre.
- Information Architecture
- Information architecture involves creating clear and intuitive website design and navigation. This is key to the success of any interactive design project. With larger website projects this organizational story-boarding process can be somewhat time consuming but is a vital process in ensuring both a positive user experience, and future website scalability. Our user-minded approach to website organization and structure will aid your visitors in easily finding the information they need. See also: Project Management > Planning the User Experience
- Project Planning
- We have a very cohesive team of eight full time specialists with many years of experience working together to earn the trust of our clients. We have developed a large base of experience and best practices over a diverse range of disciplines. With a crystal-clear objective in place, a successful project begins with budgeting, planning and resource allocation. No matter how detailed or complex your project may be, you can depend on open and clear communication with our team throughout the project. We employ online project management software that allows our clients to share in the exchange of information and ideas, and monitor the results as we progress through project milestones. “No assembly required”—simply log into our website and you will have access to your project milestones, discussions, proofs and resources. It’s truly an immersive and exciting way to experience your projects taking shape.
- Technical Document Publications
- With well over a decade of experience in managing technical document publications, we employ the most advanced publishing and information management software available today. Our workflow allows for easy updating of the most technical document structures and allows for easy cross-platform publishing. We continue to publish a vast number of large technical manuals, hard and soft cover books (some of which have won international awards) and many magazines and periodicals. In addition to expertise in the organization of complex material, our team also provides supplemental and supportive services that augment the publications we work on. From 3D and 2D animation, to developing strategic information architecture, to photography, and copy writing – our team is adept at producing first-rate publications.
- Print Production
- When it comes to document publishing many of our clients manage print production on their own. For the majority however, the technicalities in ensuring colour accuracy, media selection and proofing are all areas that they would rather leave to us. Tables of contents, glossaries, indexes, cross references and design are just where things begin for us. We also offer a single-source solution for all of your print collateral and distribution needs. We have multiple sources available for any print production requirements and fantastic relationships with some of the largest printers and binderies in Canada. From offset and web presswork to vinyl signage or dry mount plaques for your next sales campaign—we've done it all—and often for prices that are lower than those available directly to our clients.