Aviation Publishers Co. Ltd.
"Unmanned" Operations & procedures training manual.
Unmanned is a “world first” as a comprehensive Unmanned Aerial Vehicle training manual, and is based upon its civil aviation counterpart From the Ground Up which can also be found in this portfolio.
The first role of HSI in the production of these types of publications is the development of design and typographical standards that will yield clear and tireless reading of these large texts.
Further to this, our role is providing clear visualizations of complex concepts and theories in areas such as; navigation, meteorology, radio communication, instrumentation, mechanics, physics, and air safety. This aspect was accomplished successfully using extensive graphics and illustrations in both 2D and 3D environments, charts, diagrams, photos, and full-colour navigation and weather charts.
Finally, all of these elements are created and assembled into the final document by our layout team using methods that allow for fast and efficient updating in the future. This is one of the last, and one of the most important reasons for our involvement. For example; Our final production files allow the writers to add or remove illustrations in the document without the need for extensive editing or manually updating all of the subsequent illustration numbers. Every illustration (or figure) throughout the document, and their references (such as “see figure xx, on page xx”) are all automatically generated and updated.
- Information Architecture
- Information architecture involves creating clear and intuitive website design and navigation. This is key to the success of any interactive design project. With larger website projects this organizational story-boarding process can be somewhat time consuming but is a vital process in ensuring both a positive user experience, and future website scalability. Our user-minded approach to website organization and structure will aid your visitors in easily finding the information they need. See also: Project Management > Planning the User Experience
- Technical Document Publications
- With well over a decade of experience in managing technical document publications, we employ the most advanced publishing and information management software available today. Our workflow allows for easy updating of the most technical document structures and allows for easy cross-platform publishing. We continue to publish a vast number of large technical manuals, hard and soft cover books (some of which have won international awards) and many magazines and periodicals. In addition to expertise in the organization of complex material, our team also provides supplemental and supportive services that augment the publications we work on. From 3D and 2D animation, to developing strategic information architecture, to photography, and copy writing – our team is adept at producing first-rate publications.
- 3D Illustration
- 3D modeling and photo-realistic 3D renders can be used as powerful illustration tools. Our 3D illustrations are used to accurately visualize architectural designs, industrial design products, and technical details in marketing materials, training manuals, technical documents, and advertisements.
- Brand & Content Strategy
- No matter how good your product or the experience you offer, if you’re speaking the wrong language or the claim you make is wrong for the audience; all is lost. We can help you define your audience and tailor your communications to deliver results that engage your audience and add weight and credibility to your brand promise.
- 2D Illustration
- We create 2D illustrations by using traditional illustration techniques in combination with digital processes to create stunning 2D artwork. Our 2D illustrations are featured in mapping or geological illustration, books, brochures, and publications, and are often used in web site development as icons, animations, textures, and other graphics.